Need help identifing this transmission

Other Nissan diesel engines and vehicles: TD/RD/YD/FD/UD etc.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

cosmo2409

Need help identifing this transmission

Post by cosmo2409 »

I imported twoTD27 engines approx 5 years ago. The TD27 diesels I have both came with auto trannies. These transmissions are both stamped with JATCO 46X10 as the model number on the tag. I cant find any specs on these trannies anywhere. They look like RE4Ro1A 4 speed automatics. Does anyone know anything about the TD27 auto trannies that were in medium duty european trucks. I assume these engines came out of the med duty trucks because of the water to air intercoolers that were mounted behind the cyl head. Only a cabstar or equivalent truck could have the space for this system.
davehoos

Post by davehoos »

seen japanese urvan/caravan engines advertised on yahoo japan with the water heat exchanger.the auto is a givaway with the rear mount on top and a cable gear change,long dipstick.gear change ins controlled by the trans ECU.

the water tank runs around the back of the rocker cover as there is no room over the top,and looks like a marine engine.was interested in one as a conversion engine for holden commodore.

some TD27 urvan have a oval cast alloy pipe over the top.

E23/E24 wasnt fitted with turbo for australia.
WCJR31 Skyline.3.0 manual.wagon
R31 SKYLINE/Passage GT/PINTARA
LPG Ford Falcon 99-06 93 Disco
Local Shire Southern Zone Mechanic.
cosmo2409

Post by cosmo2409 »

thanks for the reply. Everything you described makes it sound like a URVAN. I will look into the URVAN specs to see what this transmission is and how it compares to what I think it is. It sure looks like the RE4R01A we use here in the states.
davehoos

Post by davehoos »

I recently looked at TD42 auto specs for a english gent.

unable to buy a diesel gearbox he fitted a TB42 petrol box.

the ecu changes the gears so the shift points was correct.

the parts numbers for most of the internals in the transmission was the same as the RB20DE skyline trans that is used by most of the performance cars.2 clutches had been upgraded-low and over run[from memory].
WCJR31 Skyline.3.0 manual.wagon
R31 SKYLINE/Passage GT/PINTARA
LPG Ford Falcon 99-06 93 Disco
Local Shire Southern Zone Mechanic.