|Shortcuts to sections in this page|
|WSeB Install Links|
* Copy \ibmlan\ibmlan.ini to floppy
* Copy \ibmcom\protocol.ini to floppy
* Look at shares, record to paper
* What are current partition size(s)?
* JFS? No swappath=[JFSdrive]
* If server has no internet:
Use workstation to copy files from Al's server to server.
Copy files directly from Al's server.
* Install temp HDD, copy all of server files to temp HDD using
* Disconnect old HDD
* Boot floppy, FDISK & make new HDD "bootable"
(or "Startable" if no BM)
* Run util to find incompatibilities:
CHKINST.exe /T:C: /L1logfile
* Install WSeB to new HDD
Apply in this order:
(make \Zip, add to PATH & LIBPATH)
* Netscape 4.61/Jun-01
* CONFIG.SYS mods
* Kernel SMP_0508
* FI 1.2.5 (FIRUNPKG)
* Java 1.1.8 stuff
* MPTS8621 (no delete of TCPCOEX.exe)
* TCP/IP UN_2101
IC27255 (reboot to prompt,
copy *.dll + *.sym -> \MPTN\DLL,
copy *.sys + *.sym -> \MPTN\PROTOCOL
IC27860 -> \TCPIP\BIN , overwrite
* Remove superfluous entry in CONFIG.SYS : BASEDEV=(driver for Adaptec U2W?)
* LVM update from MCP2 (from IBM
read README (I haven't, yet).
* Removed old 4.3GB HDD, then ran WSeB install using boot diskettes& CD combo.
WSeB's install runs CHKINST .exe, which warns that both "OS/2 Tutorial" and TME 10
will not be supported by WSeB.
* Installed ZIP/Unzip utils
* Installed EMX
* Created X.CMD etc.
* Updated CONFIG.sys for path info, reorg'd line order, disabled more frivolous services, set TEMP/TMP, reset SWAPPATH, etc.
* Installed ZTBold, found "lines >25" problem, made note to inform Kim Henkel.
* Installed PMView 2000 for screen captures.
* Installed GhostScript/GhostView combo
* Installed WSeB FP2
* Installed DDPak02
* Downloaded & installed Cirrus GD5436 video driver, changed resolution to 800x600x65k.
* Attempted to remove ArtChron, but it isn't enabled on WSeB.
* Archived desktop once.
* Updated TT fonts (MSWBFNTS)
* Installed Feature Installer 1.2.5
* Installed Java 1.1.8 update
* Installed Java 1.1.8 May-01 refresh of runtime and JRE.
* Installed MPTS8621 (WSeB ships at 8620 level).
* Installed TCP/IP updated UN_2101
* Installed postfixes for UN_2101: IC27255 (32-bit sockets) & IC27860 (ftp server & client)
* Installed SMP kernel update SMP0508 (latest known stable & GA)
|Send mail to Al about this page.||Last updated 30Apr2013|