1973 VW Van Sold!
Click on an image to view a somewhat larger version (750w);
Click on "super size" for a huge version.
Picture will open in a new window; close it to return.
The pics below were taken at night with a wimpy flash; please forgive the poor quality.
- 1973 VW Bus
- 218,000 original miles
- One owner since new (Wayne passed away in September), adult driven always
- 1.8l Type 4 engine, converted to center 2-bbl. Four-speed manual transmission.
- Seems to run and drive nice, starts and idles fine, most everything works.
- There used to be a CB installed, but it isn't anymore, so there's a few wires hanging loose under the dash, just as a good VW should have!
- The wipers run slow?
- Two-tone red/white, original paint (bumpers are scuffed).
- It's been very much a second or third vehicle for about a decade -- the Van just didn't get much use
at all after about 1990. It lived on a farm near McMinnville, and has been kept in a carport or
barn for the last decade, driven a couple of times a month.
- It's used! It could stand a good cleaning. The paint is a bit faded, there are a few scratches.
No rust, other than a few door dings
and the scuffing at the bumpers.
- Comes with two tattered repair manuals :)
- There are spare/replacement snaps for the tent.
- Now parked in close-in SE Portland, wanting a new owner.
What We Want
The Tent, complete: $400
The Van, $2000
(Near Offers will be entertained)
. . . and someone to love it again.
Email Doug Hood about this,
or phone him at 503.230.9355
Last updated 26-Dec-2001